Peg 4, Paddlesworth, Burrows

A misty morning on Burrows Lake. Not where I wanted to be but hey ho, it is what it is. Burrows is so popular these days

Couldn't get in my usual spot so had to drop in here. Sort of found the marginal slope at 9.5 wraps despite being told it was six feet all the way across. Good job I put the marker rod out. Eight feet right up to the far bank, then ten at 9.5 wraps. More or less the same as The Goose Shit. Eight Spombs right over the top.

Trialling a rig against my usual one. 
The idea of the rig is that the hook follows the bait in rather than the fish having to open its mouth wider to accommodate both bait and hook

The hair is extended beyond the bend. The idea behind this is that the side hooked boily presents a bigger thing to enter the carp's mouth. The boily off the bend - the hook follows the bait into the mouth. In the side hooked version, I could forsee the fish spitting it out as it senses there's something other than the bait attached.

Not seen or heard a thing since I got here.

11.00. am seen only one fish off to my right.

Looking dead out there. Do you only catch fish on here when you can see them moving?

11.33 missed a drop bàck on the right hand rod whilst having a pee. Bloody typical!

Topped up with three Spombs of bait.
Had a take whilst spodding! This 16:12 went like stink as they all do in here.

(Norman) next door started catching fish and it was clear he was fishing much closer to the far bank than me so I clipped up at eleven wraps, picked up the spodding rod and made a couple of casts and the LH rod was away! Talk about instant result! I had a take as the spod hit the water. 

Unfortunately, I landed in the trees so revised the clipping distance to 10.5 wraps.

Both the take I missed and my fish (16:12) were taken on the side hooked rig. One more fish and that's the clincher for me.

After that flurry of activity the rest of the afternoon has been quiet. Not surprising given all the mayhem landing in the trees and struggling to get the baits in the right position. Mind you, matey next door hasn't had any more either. I would expect a fish or two this evening though.

18.20 fish popping up in front over by the snags. If a take is coming it'll be soon.

Must look at the alternative marks in this peg. Somewhere near the snags but not so near them it's perilous to fish there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog