Wednesday, 10 November 2021

Paddlesworth, Pollard, P61

It's a dark, grey, damp, drizzly day at the lake. Would I have been better off staying at home?..

Set up at dawn on a damp drizzly day. The Extricators are perfectly matched to the loaded method feeders and I am fishing perfectly at 5 wraps. The corn catapulted out perfectly matches the wraps so no need to spod.


ESP Method Feeders on both rods with buoyant plastic corn. It's perfectly sized to only just sink the hook. When Mr. Carp comes along and inhales the ground bait - bob's yer uncle - Fanny's yer aunt.
No sign of fish 🐟 in the peg but it is November after all. Waiting for the first bite from a Bream.

Subtle indications of something on the top five yards past my baited area. Could be nothing. Might be something.

Twenty-two feet at five wraps. Not the deepest depths of the lake but there again I don't think I need to be in that yet. It's still relatively mild so I don't think the fish will be in the deep water. Maybe they never do. Some argue the deep water thing in the winter is a myth.
Robin's are brilliant. This little chap kept me company all day, picking up the stray corn scattered in my peg.

Little top-up of three pouchfuls of corn.

Definite show in line with the two pylons (my marks) but way over on the far side.

Thought I saw something move to the right of the pylons. Couldn't be sure. Sometimes you think you've seen something and it's a bird.
Switched round to fishing straight out as Nobby has arrived and is fishing next door. Depth is 27 feet at five wraps.
Twenty-seven feet of water at five wraps and even deeper further out. Should I fish in this very deep water? It was twelve feet just a rod-length out.

There are fish moving in the peg dead opposite. Think they're Bream as they're popping up consistently.

An hour before dark. Nothing in my peg. I don't actually think I'm fishing it properly anyway. Time to go home and have a re-think. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog